I am an Applicant
Transitional and Multi-Session Transitional Certificates
- What can I do with a Transitional Certificate?
- I have already applied to the College for a different certificate and have not yet been certified. Am I able to request a Transitional Certificate?
- Am I eligible to be awarded Additional Qualifications if I hold a Transitional Certificate?
- What are Transitional Certificates and who can apply?
- How long are the Transitional Certificates valid?
- How do I convert a Transitional Certificate to a general Certificate of Qualification and Registration?
- Can I use the OCT designation if I am certified with a Temporary Certificate?
- Can I take an Additional Qualification (AQ) course while holding a Temporary Certificate?
- How is the Temporary Certificate different from any other certificates issued by the College?
- What happens if I don't finish my program by the expiry date on my certificate?
- Will the Temporary Certificate automatically be converted into a general Certificate of Qualification and Registration (CQR)?
- Will Temporary Certificate holders be issued a designation document?
- Where do I go to obtain a Criminal Record Check Report?
- Under what circumstances will the College close an application?
- How does the College notify me of the status and acceptability of my initial documents?
- Do you accept documents electronically?
- What do I do if I have trouble arranging for documents?
- What documents do I need to provide with my application?
Internationally Educated Teachers
- If I taught in another country and would like to teach in Ontario, what do I need to do?
- I previously applied as an internationally educated teacher and am now enrolled in an Ontario teacher education program. Do I need to open another application?
- How can I learn more about the application process before I apply for certification?
- What documents and fees are required to apply to the College as an internationally educated teacher?
- How can I monitor the status of my submitted application?
- I have previous experience as a teacher. Am I able to teach while I am waiting for my certification decision?
- I just completed my teacher education program and I want to take an Additional Qualification (AQ). I’m not yet an Ontario Certified Teacher. Can I take an AQ course now?
- Is my Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma equivalent to any AQ courses?
- What is the difference between the Schedules of Additional Qualifications (AQs)?