Please see above for certificate validity periods. If you don’t finish your program by the expiry date noted on your temporary certificate, your certificate will expire. Should your certificate expire, you will no longer be eligible to teach in Ontario’s publicly funded school system, and you will need to complete your program, reapply to the College and meet the requirements in place at the time that you reapply.
Articles in this section
- How is the Temporary Certificate different from any other certificates issued by the College?
- What happens if I don't finish my program by the expiry date on my certificate?
- Will the Temporary Certificate automatically be converted into a general Certificate of Qualification and Registration (CQR)?
- Can I use the OCT designation if I am certified with a Temporary Certificate?
- Will Temporary Certificate holders be issued a designation document?
- What will the Temporary Certificate look like?
- What do I do if I have trouble arranging for documents?
- How can I avoid delays with my application for a Temporary Certificate?
- How long will it take to receive a Temporary Certificate?
- How do I request the Temporary Certificate?