Ontario Certified Teachers (OCTs) who have:
- taught an accredited or approved program leading to an Additional Qualification (AQ) course may be granted equivalency. You must:
- be in good standing
- submit the appropriate application for equivalent standing and pay the associated $49 fee per request
- provide official evidence from the provider of having successfully taught the entire course / program three times
- hold other qualifications and/or background/experience that would demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for the qualification, including:
- evidence that you created or contributed to the creation of the curriculum and, one or more of the following related to the AQ you seek equivalency for:
- academic and/or professional coursework to prove knowledge
- teaching experience with students
- professional development activities, workshops/conference attendance
- meet all pre-requisites to be eligible for the equivalent standing for the AQ being requested.
- completed approved teacher coursework outside of Ontario at an approved teacher education institution, It must also:
- be in addition to your initial teacher education program required for certification,
- consist of at least 125 hours, and
- contain a concentrated study of teaching methodology appropriate for Ontario curriculum in elementary and/or secondary schools.
Article is closed for comments.