Are you accepting electronic copies of documents in place of originals?
- We are receiving and processing mail, so wherever possible, institutions should continue to send their documents
- Any document received electronically will be verified through the issuing institution.
- The College has pre-established mechanisms to receive electronic documents from a number of institutions (OUAC, National Student Clearing house, Parchment, My eQuals, TOEFL, IELTS, regulatory authorities and academic institutions and will continue to contact institutions to arrange for secure transfer of documents wherever possible.
Criminal record checks
The College understands that some police departments have recently made changes to their process to issue criminal record checks due to the situation with COVID-19. As a result, we are now accepting Criminal Record Checks (CRC) in either original (hard copy) or electronic/digital form.
The submission and criteria differ slightly for each one:
- If you have been issued an original (paper) CRC by a police department within Canada, you can send it to The Ontario College of Teachers, Membership Services, 101 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON, M5S 0A1. Once received, we will review it and be in touch if we need more information.
- If you have been issued an electronic/digital criminal record check by a police department within Canada, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, we will review it and be in touch if we need more information.
Please contact your local police department for more information on how to obtain your CRC.