Is there an exemption for the practicum requirement?
The exemption applies to applicants who:
- are enrolled in a program of professional education at an Ontario faculty of education on, or after, March 17, 2020;
- have successfully completed a portion of their practicum;
- are unable to complete the remaining practicum solely because of COVID-19 related school closures;
- complete all other program of professional education components by December 31, 2020; and
- meet all other applicable certification requirements and are certified by December 30, 2023.
If Ontario applicants are not able to qualify for the exemption, they must successfully complete their entire practicum requirement and meet all applicable certification requirements in order to become certified.