What prerequisites do I need to qualify for the Principal's Qualifications Part 1?
- an acceptable post-secondary degree or equivalent qualifications
- qualifications in grades 9 and 10 in a technological education subject listed in Schedule B or in the intermediate division in a general education subject listed in Schedule A, and qualifications in any two of:
- the primary division
- the junior division
- grades 11 and 12 in a technological education subject listed in Schedule B
- the senior division in a general education subject listed in Schedule A
- at least five years of successful elementary or secondary classroom teaching experience, verified by the appropriate supervisory officer / official
- one of the following:
- two specialist or honour specialist qualifications
- one specialist or honour specialist qualification, and successful completion of at least half the number of graduate post-secondary credits required to qualify for a master’s degree at an appropriate institution
- a master’s degree of at least 30 credits or their equivalent, or a doctorate, at an appropriate institution
- successful completion of at least 30 graduate post-secondary credits or their equivalent, at an appropriate institution.
- Qualifications in three subjects listed in Schedule F is deemed equivalent to one specialist AQ listed in Schedule D or one honour specialist qualification listed in Schedule E for the purpose of entry into the Principal’s Qualification Program.
- Any required graduate post-secondary credits or their equivalent are in addition to any credits required for a general certificate of qualification and registration.
Was this article helpful?3 out of 5 found this helpful
Do you need more assistance?
Submit a request.
Submit a request.