Does the College accept documents from World Education Services (WES)?
Yes, if you have requested an evaluation from World Education Services (WES) and had your original transcripts or documents sent to them directly from the granting institution, you may request that they provide a copy of these to the College.
Once requested, WES will share your documents with the College once your WES evaluation is complete. Once received, we will review your documents and determine if they meet our requirements. You will be advised if more information is needed.
Note: Although the College accepts your original transcripts or documents sent to WES directly from the granting institution, the College does not accept assessments of your qualifications made by WES or other organizations.
To arrange to have copies of your documents sent to the College from WES, please follow these steps:
- Go to wes.org and Log in to My Account
- Under ‘Completed’ click on ‘Order Duplicate Standard’
- At ‘Select Purpose’ select ‘Professional License/Certification’
- At ‘Add Recipients’ search for ‘Ontario College of Teachers’ or ‘Ordre des Enseignantes et Enseignants de l'Ontario’
- Under ‘Delivery Options’ select Standard (there will be no mail sent out as the documents will be shared electronically with the college)
- Review your request, pay the applicable fees, and submit.
If your WES report was for immigration purposes, you might need to upgrade it to a document-by-document evaluation as follows:
- Click the ‘upgrade report’ button
- Under ‘Report Purpose’ Select Professional License/ Certification
- Click Next at the ‘Your Education’ tab
- Under ‘Report Recipients’ click on ‘Add Recipient’ and search for ‘Ontario College of Teachers’ or ‘Ordre des Enseignantes et Enseignants de l'Ontario’
- Follow the steps to submit your application and payment
- For more information on upgrading your application please follow this link: How to Upgrade Your WES Credential Evaluation Report
In some situations, you may be prompted to submit a new application, if this is the case you usually will not need to resubmit the documents that have already been evaluated. Contact WES customer service to have your old application linked to the new one.
The instructions listed above were accurate at the time of posting. Please contact WES directly if they have any questions about the process.